Friday, July 18, 2014

slipped disc????

Recently I had something not so great happen, I was loading the dishwasher , I turned to speak to one of the children and I instantly knew something bad happened in my back. For the rest of the day I took it easy and iced my back to no avail. The next morning it was bad. So bad in fact that I could hardly move every time I moved my entire left leg would cramp. I have NEVER been in this much pain ever (and I have had 5 babies) I spent a week half sitting half  lying on my right side on the sofa so I could prop myself up. Any movement caused the cramping again and the only thing I could do then was try to get on my feet to walk it off. Only walking it off wasn't great either cause I couldn't stand upright, if I did stand upright I couldn't put my foot flat on the floor. Finally after 3 days of constant pain I went to see my chiropractor all he would do was muscle stimulation, after a week and a half, I felt like it wasn't helping. I was always in so much pain even showering didn't help. So I went to see my GP, he said I pulled a muscle and gave me some "pain" meds. Well the meds didn't do anything expect make me sick, my Advil worked better and it was obvious that it was more then a pulled muscle I wanted and xray and some answers but he assured me I didn't have the signs they look for to order an xray so I went home with the same amount of pain and no answers. That weekend we did a family camp weekend and I didn't want my kids to miss out so I made the decision  to go.... We have a pop up trailer and I figured I'd be able to make it work even if I had to sleep in a lawn chair. Lets just say it didn't go well. That night at the showers I went to have a shower , a dollar gets you 3 minutes I ended up turning the shower off before it stopped and crying while getting dressed. Then when I came out and collapsed by the benches while I sobbed.  The first night wasn't any better it was just me and my kids (the hubby had to work) . So there I am in my camper popping Advil and Tylenol to try to sleep, I would sleep for an hour and wake up with my leg cramping then I would try to "walk" it off without waking the kids..... I don't know if it was because of the cool weather or what was making it so bad but it was so so bad. The next night the hubs was there and I showered in the handy cap stall so I could sit and shower, otherwise I would not have tried that again I would have sponge bathed in my camper instead. I was able to sleep a little better, I woke up every 1.5 with leg cramping but it wasn't nearly as bad. It sucked though cause I missed out on walks, and other fun stuff. the last night was so bad again that we ended up leaving at 12:30 and going home so I could soak in the tub.

  My pain was so so bad I went to the Pan Am Clinic  minor pain walk in clinic after a painful 4.5 hour wait in the waiting area I saw a Dr. and was given an xray, turns out it was a herniated disc. I was given some pain meds to help me sleep, it blocks the damaged nerve so I feel less pain. I was also given an order for a M.R.I. So after 4.5 weeks of MAJOR pain I am starting to feel better hopefully I never have to feel this again.

No comments: