Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Be still and know...

Be still and know that I AM GOD.......
This is my favorite verse......
In fact it is painted on my wall in the kitchen as a reminder......
Even with this reminder I often forget.....
Oh how I wish I could ALWAYS remember.....



Here is why this is a favorite, a few years ago (actually 5 years ago) our big brother bear had kidney stones (he was 3 at the time) and the were growing at an alarming rate so it was decided that he should under go the ultrasonic laser treatment to break up the stones so that he could pass them. We of cor use then had to strain his pees to make sure we got it all and so it could be sent to be tested to see what kind it was. 1 week after the "breaking" we had to bring our little boy back for an ultrasound, then for and x-ray, then back to the doc again for the "results" (it was a VERY LONG day spent at children's with a three year old and a 1 year old).Anyhow it was then decided that the stone had indeed broken but now all the pieces were lodged in the utterer and not allowing his left kidney to drain, We were schedule for a return to the O.R. for in 4 days time, where big brother bear would again be put under and the procedure repeated to see if we could move the pieces. I prayed as hard as I ever had before (as did our church) Though we knew the was no allegery to the antisetic (my fear the first time) This time he knew what was to be done and hes was not happy about it. The morning of the procedure I was a wreck, because he was a wreck. As lil sister bear was just a year she was to go to Grandma and Grandpa bears house, once there we brought everyone in and I realized I forgot the diaper bag in the van I simply stepped out the door and took the 5 or so steps to the van and the song Still still and know (sung by Mercy Me) popped into my head, I brushed it off, In the house my Mom kept telling me to stop worrying so hard when it's your baby. Once on the highway (about2 minutes from my parents) guess what they started playing that's right Be still and know by Mercy Me!!! I suddenly felt strangely calm, and told my hubby bear that we would not be having anything done. At the hospital we were sent for a follow up x-ray to see if the stone was still there, we then took the x-ray to day surgery with us. Once in the elevator I took the x-ray out and held it up. THERE WERE NO STONES, I was so excited (keep in mind I had at this point seen 7 x-rays and knew what to look for) We did not have the second procedure, instead we called Grandma and Grandpa bear with the good news ( Grandma bear is also a worrier) then went for breakfast. So you see twice that day God told me clear as day to trust if only I could listen even when we are told why is it so hard????

Anyhow the whole reason for this post is that I can now tell the world that I will soon be an Auntie bear, that's right you didn't read this wrong My brother and his beautiful wife are gonna make me an Auntie Bear( okay so I have a 10 year old nephew already, on my husband's side but he was born 6 days before my angel baby bear so as you can imagine it was hard to be happy about it when all I wanted was my baby Angel bear back) it took along time and lots of help to get this far but my niece/nephew is now 14.5 weeks along, and I'm thrilled!!!!!! ( already bought some stuff and have a quilt top and growth chart ready I just gotta quilt it maybe this week you think I'm getting ahead of myself???) I can't help it I"M SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

No comments: